What Personal Information About Customers Do We Gather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve our services and offerings and your experience on our website. Here are the types of information we gather.
Information You Give Us: We store any information you enter on our Web site or that you communicate to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features, services, classes, and offerings. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests; customizing future classes and service offerings for you; scheduling and improving our classes, and webinars; stores, and communicating with you.
E-mail Communications: If you ContactUs@ProjecTutor.com, you may receive an automated response by email notifying you that your email was received. You more than likely afterwards will receive a human response by email or telephone (your choice) as well. If you made a purchase on this website, you may receive advertising directly related to this website. All of our newsletters and direct advertising emails have an unsubscribe option which remove you from receiving them. You may need to unsubscribe from more than one to be removed from all newsletters and direct advertising emails.
Correction/Updating Personal Information
If a user’s personally identifiable information (PII) changes, we provide a way to correct that user’s personal data provided to us. This can be done by the user updating his/her profile or by contacting us via ContactUs@ProjecTutor.com.
Right to Cancel
Our users can cancel membership and be removed from all newsletters and databases. To do this log into your account and go to the Profile area and choose to delete your membership; note that deleting your membership will also delete all of the class information associated with your membership. Canceling membership thus eliminates your ability to log onto our website and all of your information will be purged from our membership system. Note that you may also need to unsubscribe from any newsletters and direct advertising emails separately.
What About Cookies?
Cookies are required to setup a membership and to enter the Members Only area of the website. You will not be able to logon to our website with cookies turned off.
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide a unique website experience for you and so that you can logon to your profile.
Do We Share the Information We Receive?
No, we are not in the business of sharing, giving away, or selling our customers’ information with others.
How Secure Is Information About Me?
We work to protect the security of your information by using current encryption and protection schemas.
We do not store, display, nor use your credit card numbers when confirming any order. We use PayPal or Amazon to handle this through their SSL. Of course, they transmit your entire credit card number securely with 128bit (or higher) encryption to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
What About Third-Party Advertisers and Links to Other Websites?
Our site may include third-party advertising and links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer information to these or any advertisers or third-party websites.
This website may also display targeted advertising based on personal information about users. Although we do not provide any personal information to advertisers, advertisers (including ad-serving companies) may assume that users who interact with or click on a targeted advertisement meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad (for example, users in the northwestern United States who like project management).
What Choices Do I Have as a User of this Website?
As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, even though it might be needed to make a purchase or to take advantage of such features as your Profile, Webinars, Classes, Customer Reviews, etc.
Are Children Allowed to Buy from this Website?
This website sells products and services for purchase by adult people of legal age (=>18) to enter into a contract between the adult person and this website. We may sell children’s products for purchase by adults 18 years of age or older. If you are under 18 years of age, you may use this website only with the involvement of your legal parent(s) or guardian.
All sales are final without warranty or representation. Under no circumstances are refunds provided. ProjecTutor will work to find an accommodating solution agreeable to an offended party which does not involve refunding any money.
ALL CONTENT AND SERVICES PROVIDED ON OR THROUGH THIS SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”; AND “AS AVAILABLE” FOR YOUR USE. THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON INFRINGEMENT. PROJECTUTOR, THEIR AFFILIATES AND RELATED ENTITIES, NOR ANY OF THEIR RESPECTIVE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, THIRD PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS WARRANT THAT THE CONTENT IS ACCURATE, RELIABLE OR CORRECT; THAT THIS SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME OR LOCATION; THAT ANY DEFECTS OR ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED OR THAT THE CONTENT IS FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. YOUR USE OF THIS SITE IS SOLELY AT YOUR RISK. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, THOSE EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limit of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL PROJECTUTOR, OWNER, OWNERS, OR THEIR RESPECTIVE DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, PARTNERS, EMPLOYEES, REPRESENTATIVES, CONTRACTORS, AFFILIATES, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR YOUR ACCESSING OF THIS SITE OR UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, RELIANCE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF EXPECTED SAVINGS, OR ANY OTHER NON-DIRECT DAMAGES HOWSOEVER CAUSED WHETHER OR NOT PROJECTUTOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND THEIR COLLECTIVE MAXIMUM LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN NO EVENT EXCEED ONE U.S. DOLLAR. THE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND DISCLAIMERS IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL APPLY REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, WARRANTY, STRICT LIABILITY, NEGLIGENCE OR OTHER TORT AND SHALL SURVIVE A FUNDAMENTAL BREACH OR BREACHES OR THE FAILURE OF THE ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF CONTRACT OR THE FAILURE OF AN EXCLUSIVE REMEDY. BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, PROJECTUTOR’S LIABILITY IN SUCH JURISDICTIONS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless ProjecTutor, and their respective directors, officers, partners, employees, representatives, contractors, affiliates, successors or assigns, including all third parties mentioned at this Site, from and against any and all claims, actions or demands, including without limitation reasonable legal and accounting fees, alleging or resulting from your use of this Site and the Content or your breach of these Terms and Conditions or in connection with your use of the Services.
Governing Law and Venue
These Terms and Conditions shall be construed in accordance with the laws of The United States of America and state of Washington, without giving effect to its conflict of law’s provisions. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the magistrates courts located in The United States of America and state of Washington with respect to disputes hereunder. In the event of a dispute, the parties agree to submit the matter to the any recognized Arbitration Board located within the United States of America State of Washington governing jurisdiction, before instituting litigation.
General Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit this website, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Policy including Terms of Service, including limitations on damages, arbitration of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Washington. If you have any concern about privacy at this website, please ContactUs@ProjecTutor.com with a thorough description, and we will work with you to resolve it.
Terms of Service
ProjecTutor Professional Development’s Digital Platforms
The digital platforms and contents and elements of the digital platforms (including, e.g. both editorial content and the code used in programming the platforms) are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. Except as explicitly provided in these Terms of Service, you may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, prepare derivative works, perform, or use in any other way that is prohibited by copyright law without consent of the copyright holder, any copyrighted material found on or in ProjecTutor’s digital properties. You may copy and print content for your personal, noncommercial use only, provided that you include all copyright and other notices contained in the content and that you do not modify the content. To request permission from ProjecTutor for any other use, please use our contact page.
ProjecTutor Professional Development, ProjecTutor, ProjecTutor program names, course names, logos, etc. are trademarks or service marks of ProjecTutor Professional Development. ProjecTutor reserves all rights to these marks. You may not use any ProjecTutor marks, logos, or graphics without ProjecTutor’s prior written consent. All other trademarks and service marks appearing on the digital platforms are the property of their respective owners, and should be used only with prior written consent from the appropriate owner.
Third Party Content
Our digital platforms contain links to sites and services, and use embedded tools provided and controlled by third parties and governed by the terms of service of those third parties. ProjecTutor is not responsible in any way for third party sites, services, or products that may be linked to, embedded in, featured on, or otherwise used via our digital platforms, or for any products or services that may be advertised by third parties on our digital platforms. ProjecTutor does not endorse the content, operators, products, or services of these providers, and users should review these providers’ own terms of service for more information.
The RSS feeds available through our digital platforms are covered by these Terms of Service. You may use these RSS feeds free of charge for your personal, noncommercial use only. When using these feeds, link and provide attribution to ProjecTutor, either in text, by using “ProjecTutor Professional Development” or one of ProjecTutor’s programs or course names, or with an image, using the logo that we have included in the feed itself. We may disable, change, or stop distributing these feeds at any time, and we may require users to cease any and all use of these feeds at any time for any reason. ProjecTutor RSS feeds for members only are only available to active ProjecTutor members in good standing.
Use of the Service
By using the digital platforms, including by registering for the digital platforms, participating in comments or discussions, submitting content through the digital platforms, using RSS feeds or downloadable content, or by using any other features of the digital platforms, you agree to the following rules:
- The digital platforms may only be used for noncommercial purposes. You may not use the digital platforms to distribute or otherwise publish any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising or solicitation for goods and services.
- The digital platforms are intended for users over the age of 13.
- ProjecTutor may delete, edit, or move any user-generated material that we believe may be objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service. ProjecTutor may limit or terminate users’ access to the ProjecTutor digital platforms for any reason, including violation of these Terms of Service.
- Be civil and please respond insightfully and respectfully. There is room for disagreement, but personal attacks will not be tolerated.
- Please stay on topic. If you have general questions or concerns about or with ProjecTutor, please use our contact page.
- Please keep your comments short and limit posts to about 300 words. If you have to scroll to read your comment, it’s probably too long.
- Please review your comments. Good grammar, spelling, and punctuation make it easier for everyone to understand your ideas.
- You may link to or quote from relevant articles, but do not copy and paste entire or large portions of articles.
- ProjecTutor welcomes your thoughts, but may remove or edit comments in our discretion, including for excessive length.
All Submissions and Uploads
- Submissions must be civil and respectful, and hateful, harassing, or discriminatory language will not be tolerated on the digital platforms. ProjecTutor may delete any content that may contain foul language, or may be otherwise inappropriate, without warning. In the case of repeated offenses, ProjecTutor may terminate your posting privileges.
- You may only post, upload or transmit materials for which you own the copyright or have permission to distribute electronically. This includes newspaper or magazine articles, song lyrics, audio, video, photos, and images. You may not violate, plagiarize, or infringe the rights of third parties, including copyright, trademark, trade secret, privacy, personal, publicity, moral, or proprietary rights.
- By posting, uploading, or transmitting any material on or through the digital platforms, you hereby grant ProjecTutor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, sub licensable, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide license to use that material in any form or media now known or hereinafter developed.
- You may not link to, post, upload, or transmit any software or other material which contains a virus or other harmful or malicious code. You may not use the digital platforms to distribute chain letters, mass mailings, or spam or to gather e-mail addresses for the purpose of sending spam to other users of the digital platforms.
- ProjecTutor is not responsible or liable for any materials posted, uploaded, or transmitted by users on or through the digital platforms. ProjecTutor cannot verify the accuracy of statements that users make on or through the digital platforms, and does not guarantee that any material has been posted, uploaded, or transmitted with the permission of the owner or is otherwise in compliance with these Terms of Service. For copyright infringement concerns, please refer to the “Copyright” section of these Terms of Service.
Representations and Indemnity
You represent and warrant that (a) any material you post, upload, or transmit on or through our digital platforms does not and will not violate any of these Terms of Service, and (b) your use of our digital platforms complies with these Terms of Service. You agree that you will indemnify and hold harmless ProjecTutor and its directors, officers, employees, and licensees from any and all claims, liabilities, costs, or expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, arising from (1) your breach of any of the above representations and warranties, (2) your use of the digital platforms, (3) the materials you have posted, uploaded, or transmitted on or through the digital platforms, or (4) ProjecTutor’s publication, distribution, or use of such materials.
The digital platforms are available on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. ProjecTutor does not warrant that the digital platforms will be uninterrupted or error-free. ProjecTutor also does not make any warranties as to the results that may be obtained from use of the digital platforms or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information, service, products, opinions, or statements available on or through the digital platforms or through links on the digital platforms. Use of these digital platforms is entirely at your own risk.
Limitation of Liability
In no event will ProjecTutor, its directors, officers, or employees be liable for any indirect, consequential, special, incidental, or punitive damages, arising out of the use or inability to use the digital platforms. In no event will ProjecTutor, its directors, officers, or employees be liable for any amount in excess of $1 (one USA dollar).
If you believe that your work has been reproduced on our digital platforms in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide the following information in writing to ContactUs@ProjecTutor.com:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- A description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- Your contact information, such as address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
If you have any questions about these Terms of Service, please use our contact page.
Last modified: Friday, 2 December 2016, 1:45 PM