ProjecTutor Comments Policy
Here are a few simple ground rules to help keep conversations civil and from turning into a shouting match. We hope these simple ground rules encourage active discussion and help bring others into the discussion.
Posting on ProjecTutor blog and forums you agree to the following:
- You may comment without registering as a member. You can log-in via WordPress, Disqus, Google+ Twitter, Facebook—or not at all. It’s up to you.
- You may not post anonymously. We may change this rule if it is highly requested.
- You may post follow-up questions. If you have a question, chances are you are not alone. Others are likely thinking similarly. Therefore, we would rather receive your comments on our blog than via email. It is a better use of our time to address everyone at once rather than answer several similar emails.
- You may disagree with ProjecTutor and our guest bloggers. We welcome debate. However, we ask that if you disagree with us—or anyone else, for that matter—do so in a way that is respectful. In our opinion, there is way too much shouting in the public square to tolerate it here.
- We reserve the right to delete your comments. This is ProjecTutor’s blog. We don’t have an obligation to publish your comments. If you’re a U.S. citizen, The First Amendment gives you the right to express your opinions on your blog not ours. Specifically, we will delete your comments if you post something that is, in our sole opinion, (a) snarky; (b) off-topic; (c) libelous, defamatory, abusive, harassing, threatening, profane, pornographic, offensive, false, misleading, or which otherwise violates or encourages others to violate my sense of decorum and civility or any law, including intellectual property laws; or (d) “spam,” i.e., an attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- You retain ownership of your comments. ProjecTutor does not own them and we expressly disclaim any and all liability that may result from them. By commenting on the ProjecTutor site, you agree that you retain all ownership rights in what you post here and that you will relieve ProjecTutor (and its affiliates) from any and all liability that may result from those postings.
- You grant ProjecTutor a license to post your comments. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, and royalty-free. You grant ProjecTutor the right to store, use, transmit, display, publish, reproduce, and distribute your comments in any format, including but not limited to a blog, in a book, a video, or presentation.
In short, ProjecTutor’s goal is to host interesting conversations with caring, honest, and respectful people. We believe this simple comments policy will facilitate this. Please adhere to it as you enjoy yourself on our site. Thank you.
Last Updated: Wednesday, January 5, 2017 11:15 AM